Information for Parents
Inspiring residential trips offer your children a chance to learn, grow and challenge themselves in fun exciting ways.
A home away
We have spent time reviewing, discussing and tasting our menus to ensure they give a balanced variety of nutritious dishes and have a wide appeal for hungry tummies.
To keep our young adventurers going during their packed itinerary, we serve three freshly prepared, healthy, buffet-style meals each day, with plenty of variety available - including hot and cold meals, a salad bar and plenty of water available at all times.
We can also cater for most faith and dietary requirements, which we'll ask party organisers about before your child arrives on the centre.
Staff safety at
Kingswood creates and maintains an inspiring and adventurous environment that allows us to have a positive impact on the lives of young people, whilst protecting them from harm.
Find out about our safeguarding policy and the steps we take to ensure the well-being of young people below.
Safety and standards
- Every Kingswood centre is independently inspected by the British Activity Providers Association (BAPA)
- We also conduct rigorous internal health and safety audits
- We operate comprehensive risk assessments on all activities
- We are fully responsible for all emergency procedures, safety systems and security arrangements at each centre
Safety and supervision
- For most activities, children are placed into groups of no more than 15
- Our strict supervision policy ensures that children are always accompanied by Kingswood instructors. Between 9.00 pm and 9.00 am and at meal and break times they are supervised by their teachers. Teachers are in loco parentis throughout the visit
- Kingswood campuses have secure and clearly defined boundaries. Some centres have CCTV in operation
- Teacher and party leader rooms are situated close to their students
- The Kingswood Duty Manager and first-aiders are on call 24 hours a day
Over 35 years of transformative trips, encouraging both adults and young people to build confidence and resilience
Questions for Groups
We are always happy to accommodate a preview of our centres. Please contact the centre you’re visiting to arrange a suitable date and time with the customer service department. Call our team on 0800 655 6564.
We are holders of the LOtC quality badge. This means you can be assured that we have met with required standards around safety, activity provision and learning outcomes. The Outdoor Education Advisers’ Panel endorses the LOtC Quality Badge and the majority of Local Authority Outdoor Education Advisers have indicated that they accept the award in place of some or all of their checks. You can view which Local Authority Outdoor Education Advisers support the LOtC Quality Badge by visiting the OEAP website here.
We can cater for most dietary requirements. Please contact the centre as soon as possible to make them aware of any allergies which they can discuss with you to ensure the correct provisions are in place for your visit
Yes. All guests get a packed lunch on departure and a hot option can be provided at an extra cost.
Changes can be made to the number of guests up until room allocations and activity groups are set eight weeks prior to the trip. Changes after this point will depend on accommodation and activity availability on centre and it may not be possible to accommodate additional guests.
We aim to send out your room plan and activity programme four weeks prior to your trip. To ensure we meet this deadline, we ask you to provide gender splits eight weeks prior to the trip. Details of the information required will be in your twelve week email and can be provided to us via your centre contact.
We are happy to take requests for specific accommodation blocks but we cannot offer any guarantees (unless specifically confirmed at time of booking), especially in peak periods. Your group may be sharing an accommodation block with other groups but we will endeavour to keep groups on separate floors and corridors.
To access our online web support service, chat live with us using the chat box at the bottom of the page
Our phone lines are open between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday – Call us on 0800 655 6564
Visit our contact page to access our contact form, our team will get back to you with an answer or solution
If you would prefer to contact us directly via email please send your email to email@example.com