Our maintenance team ensures all general maintenance duties are carried out quickly and professionally, delivering exceptional customer service while maintaining compliance with company standards. If you value professionalism, teamwork, and customer satisfaction, explore our exciting job opportunities and join our mission to uphold excellence in maintenance services as a maintenance manager or assistant.Apply today
About The Role
The Maintenance Manager or Assistant plays a vital role in carrying out general maintenance tasks and repairs to fixtures and fittings, ensuring compliance with company standards. They handle ground maintenance, decorating work, and checklists, adhering to health and safety protocols while effectively communicating with colleagues and guests. Reporting faults, assisting other departments, and following SOPs are among their responsibilities.
The Maintenance Manager goes beyond maintenance tasks by supervising and developing maintenance assistants, managing contractors, and planning major works. They oversee budgets, purchasing, and compliance, ensuring efficient operations and timely completion of tasks. With their expertise, they contribute to the centre’s success while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and safety.
Why Work With Kingswood
Kingswood have great opportunities in the maintenance department whether you’re looking for manager or assistant roles. We offer great benefits and industry-leading pay rates and we always prioritise growth and flexible contracts for a better work-life balance. Our 11 locations provide picturesque settings and exciting activities like high ropes courses and water sports for you and your family to enjoy during your downtime. We genuinely care about your well-being and are committed to supporting your personal and professional success.
What We Look For
If you’re looking for maintenance assistance jobs, you should have:
- Experience in basic maintenance skills, including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work (if qualified)
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance, including PA1 & PA6 for chemical spraying
- Safe operation of all tools and machines associated with the role
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Driving license essential
- Computer literate
- Experience of working in a school or similar environment (desirable)
- Awareness of the main requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Technical knowledge of maintenance issues.
- Experience in basic maintenance skills, including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Previous line management experience.
- Computer literate.
- Awareness of the main requirements of health and safety legislation and good practice relevant to the duties of the post.
- Flexible attitude to working hours including weekends where required.
- Driving license – desirable (Norfolk area essential as will be covering two sites).
- Experience of working in a school or similar environment – desirable.
A litte bit
We are one of the most experienced providers of outdoor education in the UK. We were founded over 35 years ago and run over 1.2 million activity sessions each year across ten activity centres. Each year we welcome over 175,000 young people from more than 35 countries around the world.
If you’re interested in a maintenance job at Kingswood, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your CV and cover letter.