One of the most inspiring education and adventure centres in Europe, Dearne Valley provides a unique ‘learning outside the classroom’ experience and an opportunity to explore the natural world.
Why CHOOSE Dearne Valley?
If you are looking for a contemporary blend of nature, adventure activity and sector leading, quality accommodation, Dearne Valley is not to be missed.
- Spread across 50 acres, Dearne Valley is one large outdoor classroom as young people are able to enjoy interactive learning in a variety of grassland, woodland and wet areas
- Our indoor learning zone benefits from 9 well equipped classrooms which are excellent working environments for indoor based activities
- The centre’s unique environmental facilities include giant solar panels, wind power and our very own natural water treatment plant. These are an integral part of our environmental educational programmes
- In our giant sports hall young people can experience a wealth of indoor activities such as indoor climbing, fencing, archery and a number of sports and team building activities
- Our state-of-the-art activity park has been built to challenge young people and includes high and low rope courses, climbing walls, zipwires and archery.
- Our on-site conference facilities are excellent and include a 140 seat auditorium, break out rooms and social spaces ideal for events and group learning
- Accommodation – Dearne Valley can accommodate up to 300 young people. All accommodation has en-suite bathrooms and range from 4-8 bed rooms. Accomodation for the disabled is available
- NEW! – Outdoor classroom equipped with lots of opportunities for studying the natural world along with ‘touch tanks’ to physically explore bio-diverse habitats
- NEW! – Upgraded teacher bedrooms that include tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
- NEW! – Refreshed dining room with new furniture, graphics and far more colour!
- NEW! – An exciting new menu offering plenty of freshly cooked and homemade food
What’s Dearne Valley like?
Inspiring outdoor learning in South Yorkshire
As one of the most inspiring education and adventure centres in Europe, a visit to our new Dearne Valley centre provides a unique ‘learning outside the classroom’ experience with space to study and grow and a chance to explore the natural world. Young people have the perfect opportunity to push the boundaries here – with the added advantage of the very latest high-tech facilities.