Colomendy Activity Centre
Situated in North Wales, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Colomendy is a perfect environment for schools wanting to explore the great outdoors!
Why CHOOSE Colomendy?
If your young people are aged 7 to 17 years and are looking for an experience full of adventure activities this is the centre for you!
- Our outstanding adventure park is nestled in woodlands and includes a giant zipwire, climbing tower and an abundance of ropes courses, allowing children to explore the great outdoors
- Young people can also experience on-site watersports such as raft building, canoeing and kayaking
- Our exceptionally realistic caving system is amongst the best in the country and is built into a natural rock seam
- The sports hall is an excellent space for indoor activities such as fencing, team games and recreational activities
- As a Site of Special Scientific Interest, the centre is superbly positioned within woodland and water areas, ideal for Environmental Studies
- Accommodation – Colomendy can accommodate up to 400 young people. Accommodation ranges from 4 bed rooms to 16 bed dormitories
- NEW! – Local nature trails and historic Moel Famau walks – which incorporates part of the Offa’s Dyke trail
- NEW! – A fantastic aerial walkway for children to explore and a relaunched Giant Zipwire
- NEW! – Refurbished dining room and an exciting new menu offering plenty of freshly cooked and homemade food
- NEW! – Refreshed young persons’ dormitories complete with blackout curtains
- NEW! – Rejuvenated teacher bedrooms that include contemporary furnishings, tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
- NEW! – Enhanced teacher social areas and storage area in the chalets
What’s Colomendy like?
Beautiful Welsh Valley
The 130 acre site is located just off the A55, set deep in a beautiful valley designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest. Surrounded by scenic hills and woodlands, it is one of the UK’s finest education & adventure centres. The huge site remains peaceful even when full, with vast open spaces for children, brimming with wildlife like badgers, bats, eagles, newts and woodpeckers.
First-class Activity Facilities
The Centre boasts a £1 million adventure park with three huge climbing and abseiling towers, high and low rope activities, a 3G swing, a 200 metre Giant zipwire and a major simulated caving system built into a natural rock seam.
The River Alyn runs through the Northern end of the site, and alongside this is a purpose-built watersports lake. The centre site is fully secure with boundary fencing, security gates and CCTV.
Excellent For Field Studies
Colomendy is the perfect centre for any age group of students, with great facilities for environmental programmes. Geography, Biology and Field Study courses take advantage of the rich local environment available for GCSE and A Level students. With a river and woodland on-site, students do not have far to travel, and Loggerheads Country Park, opposite the centre gates makes for spectacular environmental and historical walks.