Staffordshire Activity Centre
With its friendly and welcoming environment, young people will feel instantly at home at our original Kingswood centre.
Why choose staffordshire?
If you’re looking for an exciting venue for outdoor learning and adventure in a picturesque and easily accessible location you won’t find better than our Staffordshire centre.
- Our Staffordshire centre is particularly suited for younger students as all the activities are within close reach of main buildings
- We have a wide range of adventure activities that build confidence and keep young people active throughout their stay. From team building pursuits like team challenge and indoor initiatives, to high adrenaline experiences on the outdoor adventure park
- Within easy reach of Birmingham & the Midlands, just 8 minutes from junction 3 of the M54 and overlooking the beauty of Wrekin and Clee Hills
- A cluster of buildings house flexible learning spaces that meet the demands of our programmes, including Transition, Personal Development, Computing, Environmental, Science and Arts and Culture
- Accommodation – The centre can accommodate 200 young people in 6 to 12 bed dormitories
- NEW! – Young Explorers module designed specifically for KS1 children
- NEW! – Refreshed educational modules designed to inspire and develop young people from early ages to Year Group 6
- NEW! – A fantastic new indoor space that is perfect for day or evening activities
- NEW! – Refreshed teacher bedrooms complete with contemporary furnishings, tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
- NEW! – Refurbished dining hall, classrooms and fencing pistes
- NEW! – An exciting new menu offering plenty of freshly cooked and homemade food
What’s Staffordshire like?
Our original Kingswood centre, Staffordshire was founded in unspoilt countryside of the Staffordshire/Shropshire border after a school requested to stay at our summer camps during term time. Back then we were instantly seduced by its practical and welcoming feel, a quality we have preserved to this day. Staffordshire was purpose-built for residential school visits and overlooks the picturesque beauty of the Wrekin and Clee Hills, within easy reach of Birmingham & the Midlands, just 8 minutes from junction 3 of the M54.
Perfect for younger learners
This compact centre is ideal for younger students and with all the facilities within easy reach of the main buildings, makes close teacher supervision easier. This ease is furthered by the close proximity of night lounges, situated at the end of each pupil dormitory corridor. All teacher rooms are close to pupil dormitories and contain en-suite bathrooms. Young pupils are kept safe and secure with boundary fencing and security gates around the centre.
Extensive Adventure Activities
Even though Staffordshire is more compact than our other centres, it still has a fantastic range of adventure activities to keep pupils smiling. Come rain or shine there’s always a raft of activities from team building pursuits like Team Challenge and Indoor Initiatives, to high-adrenaline adventures in the outdoor activity park, such as Zipwire and Quad Biking. The centre also has computer labs and indoor spaces.