As part of your programme, your group can get involved in a selection of activities including:
• French games
• Team Tech
• Beach games
• Beach art
Plus, exciting evening entertainment sessions such as:
• Mini Olympics
• Scrapheap Challenge
• Beach walk
• NEW Night trail
• NEW French movie night
• NEW French Bingo
Recommended excursions for 7-17 year olds
Below are some recommended excursions to learn more about French culture, however you can tailor your programme with your choice of excursions and team activities at the Château de Chantereine tailored to your requirements.
- Rouen – one of our most popular full day tours explores the capital of Normandy. Discover the different types of architecture in the city, learn about how the Black Death hit the city in 1348, visit Joan of Arc’s chapel and marvel at the Gros Horloge, an ornate Renaissance style clock. There are also opportunities for shopping and practicing French on the high street.
- Dieppe – a half day visit to the busy port town to learn about the town's military history. The group will learn about Operation Jubilee, a tactical beach landing during WWII, students will recreate the raid by storming the beach to experience how it might have been. Plus, you can visit a traditional Creperie in Dieppe...this is a great opportunity to practice in French.
- The Goat Farm – Just 1 hour from the Château, here the owner of the Farm engages with the group entirely in French with the help of props and body language to explain the process of cheese making.
- Le Treport – just 20 minutes from centre, discover the breath-taking landscape at the viewpoint before descending the cliffs in the funicular cable car, then a walk along the pier for beach games.
- Local markets - visit a local produce market, Abbeville, on Wednesdays (40 minutes away), Mers-les-Bains on Thursdays (20 minutes away), Eu on Fridays (20 minutes away), Dieppe on Saturdays (30 minutes away). Groups can buy their own picnic to eat on site, and also do a French language exercise using their workbook.
If you’d like to, you can combine your programme with your choice of learning outcomes to maximise the impact for your pupils. The learning outcomes which naturally sit within this programme are:
Demonstrate self-confidence in themselves and show trust and support for others.
Be able to demonstrate resilience through exposure to failures and overcoming difficult challenges.
Achieve goals, adapt positively to change and see setbacks as opportunities to learn.
Here are some suggested visits on the way to or from the Chateau:
- Visit Nausicaa, one of Europe’s largest sealife centres with over 35,000 marine creatures to discover.
- Biscuiterie d’Hardelot: visit a traditional biscuit factory and attend demonstrations of how they are made – and how they taste!
- Chocolaterie de Beussent – the passionate owner of this small chocolate factory takes the group through the process of chocolate making, with a tasting at the end!
- A commemorative visit to Etaples Commonwealth Military Cemetary near Boulogne-sur-Mer
Add a trip to Disneyland® Paris or Parc Astérix!
For an extra treat for your group, why not add a theme park trip to the start or end of your visit?
We can arrange an excursion to either Disneyland® Paris or Parc Astérix at an extra cost. Due to its location, Disneyland® must include an overnight stay in Paris and we can offer preferential rates on accommodation. Parc Astérix is closer to the Château and can be done as a day trip with an early departure.