Recommended excursions for 11-17 year olds
Below are some recommended excursions to learn more about French culture, however you can tailor your programme with your choice of excursions and team activities at the Château de Chantereine tailored to your requirements.
- Rouen – one of our most popular full day tours explores the capital of Normandy. Discover the different types of architecture in the city, learn about how the Black Death hit the city in 1348, visit Joan of Arc’s chapel and marvel at the Gros Horloge, an ornate Renaissance style clock. There are also opportunities for shopping and practicing French on the high street.
- Dieppe – a half day visit to the busy port town to learn about the town's military history. The group will learn about Operation Jubilee, a tactical beach landing during WWII, students will recreate the raid by storming the beach to experience how it might have been. Plus, you can visit to a traditional Creperie in Dieppe. Order in French and you will get a prize!
- Chocolaterie de Beussent – A small chocolate factory producing some fantastic chocolate, the passionate owner talks the group through the process and there is a tasting at the end.
- Neufchatel Cheese Farm – Just 45 minutes from the Château, here the owner of the Farm engages with the group entirely in French with the help of props and body language to explain the process of cheese making and reveal where it got its heart shape from.
- NEW Le Treport – just 20 minutes from centre, discover the breath-taking landscape at the viewpoint before descending the cliffs in the funicular cable car, then a walk along the pier for beach games.