West Runton Activity Centre
Wide, sweeping clifftop views, beautiful sandy beaches and pine-fringed grounds make this a fantastic choice for young people of all ages.
Why choose west runton?
Perfectly positioned within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on a stretch of coastline designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, our West Runton centre has a huge range of programmes to suit many schools.
- From star gazing to wildlife sanctuaries, famous fossils and popular tourist and seaside towns there is so much to explore in and around West Runton
- The diverse range of study environments coupled with our environmental classrooms make West Runton an ideal destination for environmental studies
- Beautifully positioned in around 30 acres of grounds the centre is packed with recreational facilities that include an all weather activity centre, cinema, indoor and outdoor climbing, archery ranges, underground caving and a team challenge
- Our large indoor swimming pool is perfect for Canoe Splash, Pool Parties and for building confidence in the water
- Accommodation – The centre can accommodate around 400 young people in 2 to 16 bed dormitories
- NEW! – Bushcraft arena to help young people connect with the natural environment and build confidence in the outdoors
- NEW! – Canopies over the outside dining area
- NEW! – Refreshed cinema and social area
- NEW! – Refurbishment of activity hall changing rooms and main reception
- NEW! – An exciting new menu offering plenty of freshly cooked and homemade food
- NEW! – Refreshed teacher bedrooms complete with contemporary furnishings, tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
What’s West Runton like?
Perched high on clifftops overlooking the North Norfolk coastline, this former girls’ boarding school is set in 30 acres of beautiful pine-fringed grounds. In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on a stretch of coastline designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, West Runton has a huge range of programmes to suit many schools and groups.
Packed With Activities
The main building incorporates dormitory and recreational areas including an all-weather activity centre, cinema, entertainment hall, as well as 9 Computer labs and environmental classrooms. Although set in around 30 acres, the main buildings and activities are fairly close together, with walking time between each activity only around 3 minutes. This is surrounded by quad and kart tracks, indoor and outdoor climbing facilities, archery ranges, underground caving complex and abseiling towers. The centre has its own swimming pool, perfect for Canoe Splash and evening Pool Parties.
The area surrounding the centre is great for stopping en-route for excursions, and we can suggest attractions to visit. West Runton is set halfway between Sheringham, and the Victorian town of Cromer, hometown to the indigenous like-named crab species. The beach is a short walk away from the centre gates, perfect for rockpool modules or beach studies. The region boasts wildlife sanctuaries, famous fossils and the biggest skies in the country.