Peak Venture Activity Centre
Situated on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District and a short distance away from Barnsley, Sheffield and Leeds, Peak Venture is the perfect location for young people to experience their first taste of the ‘great outdoors’.
Why choose peak venture?
This warm, friendly and inclusive environment is ideal for younger students and offers a wide range of programmes within a secure and engaging environment.
- Specifically designed Bushcraft, nature walks and environmental modules that will introduce our young guests to the wonders of the countryside
- Situated on the adjacent Scout Dike reservoir our Adventure Activities Licensing Authority registered watersports centre offers activities that include canoeing and raft building
- The adventure park offers fun and exhilarating activities including 3G swing, leap of faith and zipwire, that challenge individuals and allows groups to explore risk taking in a managed environment
- Our indoor space is very flexible and can be easily adapted to suit one of our many activities
- Accommodation – The centre can accommodate up to 200 young people in 4 to 8 bed dormitories
- NEW! – Refreshed educational modules designed to inspire and develop young people from early ages to Year Group 6
- NEW! – Refreshed teacher bedrooms complete with contemporary furnishings, tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
- NEW! – Refurbished dining area that includes new furniture and graphics, complimented with a new menu that includes plenty of freshly cooked homemade food
- NEW! – Revitalised classrooms and fencing arena
What’s Peak Venture like?
Doorstep to The Peak District
Peak Venture is established as one of the area’s leading residential educational activity centres. Situated on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District, near Sheffield, South Yorkshire, with dramatic gritstone edges, wild heather moorlands and gentle limestone dales. Set in 9 acres of parkland the centre was historically named as ‘Scout Dike’ after the rural reservoir opposite the centre.
AALS Registered Watersports Centre
Peak Venture is one of two watersports equipped Kingswood centres. During the summer, fully supervised water-based activities take place on the adjacent Scout Dike Reservoir, including raft building, kayaking and canoeing. All sessions take place under the regulations of the Adventure Activities Licensing Service (AALS) and all buoyancy aids and waterproof jackets are provided.
High Standard of Facilities
The centre features student dormitory accommodation and teacher rooms which are complemented by excellent ICT facilities and classrooms. Close to the main buildings the activity park nestles in sheltered woodlands and fields, from high ropes to climbing, low ropes to aeroball and abseiling, with the 3G Swing bringing an element of high adventure to the centre. Peak Venture’s outdoor areas also benefit from external lighting to enable activities to operate all year round. The centre’s boundary fencing and coded security gates ensures a safe and secure experience for all guests.