Isle of Wight Activity Centre
With stunning views over Whitecliff Bay and with direct beach access, this 100 acre clifftop centre is a hit with students of all ages.
Why CHOOSE Isle of Wight?
From the moment your students disembark the ferry they will be enchanted by the Island’s beauty and with our unprecedented range of indoor and outdoor activities we are confident we can tailor a programme that meets the needs of your group.
- The Isle of Wight is a perfect destination for environmental, history and tourism studies along the Jurassic Coast, on the beach and in the picturesque towns and villages
- Our centre is ideal for young people to experience watersports as it benefits from direct access to the beach and a specialist team of watersport experts. Our programmes include raft building, body boarding and kayaking
- Our site offers a wealth of outdoor activities that will stretch and bolster a young person’s confidence. These include archery, 3G swing, quad biking, a challenging ropes park along with Bushcraft & Orienteering
- Your group can also take advantage of our indoor activities which include caving, fencing, climbing and a host of problem solving initiatives
- The centre is set in a Site of Specific Scientific Interest with plenty of natural habitats for students to explore
- Accommodation – The centre can accommodate 450 young people in 4 to 12 bedded dormitories
- NEW! – Indoor heated swimming pool which compliments our watersport and beach facilities, building water confidence and extending watersports skills teaching
- NEW! – Upgraded accommodation which includes the addition of flexible social spaces for young people to relax in
- NEW! – Improved sports hall lighting and climbing wall
- NEW! – Refreshed teacher bedrooms complete with contemporary furnishings, tea & coffee making facilities and radio-alarm/iPod docking stations
What’s the Isle of Wight like?
100 Acre clifftop location
From the minute we disembarked the ferry onto this enchanting humpback island in the English Channel, we realised it offered the potential for one of our finest centres. Popular with teachers and students alike, our centre covers 100 acres of beautiful fields and woodlands in a superb clifftop location, overlooking Whitecliff Bay, with direct beach access. At its heart, the Isle of Wight centre’s five residential buildings – including an all-weather activity zone – border a tree-lined lane, creating the feel of a college campus – large enough to not feel crowded but small enough to not get lost! The centre is safe and secure for pupils’ and teachers’ stay with boundary fencing, CCTV and coded security gates.
Adventure & Activity Park
The Isle of Wight centre has excellent adventure activity facilities that include an exhilarating 3G Swing, quad and kart tracks, a high ropes course, indoor and outdoor climbing facilities, archery ranges, swimming pool, fencing studio, underground caving complex, abseiling towers and zipwire. Other facilities include computing labs, a cinema, environmental classrooms and student recreational areas.
Sites of Special Scientific Interest
Surrounded by “Jurassic” coastline designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest, this is the most important area of Europe for dinosaur fossils, making the Isle of Wight perfect for Environmental Field Studies. An abundance of estuaries and scattered sand dunes create ideal features for study, as do inland rivers crossing chalk downs. Just over the ridge is Sandown, a Victorian seaside resort where current trends in tourism dictate local economic prosperity.