Château de Chantereine
Set in the picturesque fishing village of Criel-sur-Mer, the beautiful 17th century Normandy Château de Chantereine provides a fantastic opportunity for young people to fully immerse themselves in the French language and culture and enjoy all that the local way of life has to offer.
Why choose Château De Chantereine?
- Tour WWI battlefields, Rouen, Dieppe, Paris, local produce makers and more in our ‘Discovery’ excursion programme, bringing history and culture to life.
- Innovative ‘Reportage’ module sees participants creating news stories based on their excursions for a more memorable learning experience
- Choice of full day, half-day and overnight excursions to neighbouring cities, historical sites and cultural attractions
- 4-acre grounds and a multi-purpose sports complex allow participants to enjoy a choice of team games and adventure activities, whatever the weather
- Security code-restricted dorms sleep 2-6 children, keeping them safe and secure and giving you complete peace of mind
- 90 minutes from Calais and 20 minutes from Dieppe, the Château is surprisingly accessible
- NEW! – We’ve expanded the Château programme to offer a wider range of interactive educational modules including Arts & Culture, Alien Survivor and Save Swampy’s Woodland modules.
Whats the CHÂTEAU like?
Set in the heart of the picturesque town of Criel-sur-Mer, an old fishing village in Upper Normandy, the charming 17th century Château de Chantereine stands majestically in 4 acres of beautiful private grounds.
Normandy & Picardy regions
The Château is ideally situated at the border of the Normandy and Picardy regions. The ancient region of Picardy is home to historic monuments and sites, including the Battlefields of the Somme, while Normandy has a distinctive character of its own, with beautiful chalky cliffs, busy seaside resorts and traditional fishing ports.
Perfect base for excursions to historic sites
The Château has been carefully chosen to accommodate the specific needs of school tours. Its idyllic location on the Albaster Coast is the perfect base to undertake excursions to the many historical sites, from war memorials and battlefields to markets, museums and medieval towns. Our excursion programme is complimented by “Reportage” a study courses that makes the most of your school groups educational visit and links with key elements of the national curriculum in History, Citizenship and language.